Welcome to the home of Barren Records. Please, look around, read about the bands and the label, and check out some sample songs. To buy our CDs, browse the catalog and then go to the sales page. Thanks for visiting!
- August 11, 2009
- YAY!!! Ept's new EP, the t Ep is out now. Check out out! It's listed at our catalog and our store, but even better, it's FREE to download here. Is this big news? HECK YES. Download it. It's free. Check it out. Keep an eye out for the upcoming full length, which hasn't been slated for any official timetable, but should be awesome when it's done. And don't forget about our other releases! Some of the prices have dropped, and random freebies with any order may happen, so don't forget to check out the store.
- January 1, 2009
- Like clockwork once a year, we get an update to the site. Actually, it's not so bad. I'm here to give you the big important news: EPT'S ALBUM IS IN THE WORKS. For those of you who are insane and haven't caught on, Ept is our newest addition, and he looks to be a talented, promising addition to the label. In fact, I'm hoping to see him get picked up by a more legitimate label at some point, so cross your fingers (and buy his albums from me, so you can have rare collector's items later). Keep an eye out for the EP to be released soon (with possible pre-release sales!), and a full length album to follow. There may be special deals and limited offers for those of you who buy early! Also be sure to look out for Ept performing live around campus.
- January 6, 2008
- It has been so long since I updated, hasn't it? I'm sorry to say that due to some business and some web-troubles, the site has been down for a while. It makes me sad. But the site is back up and working. As of right now, the store doesn't work but it should be up momentarily. A few other things don't work, but only internal things for the site, not stuff for you guys. I'm also happy to announce that Rachel's CD is now available for purchase - unfortunately, I haven't added it to the store just yet, but I just fixed the store. So the album will be there, it's called Little Bits and I suggest you buy it. It's pretty darn good. Expect more stuff in the next few months, including possible free stuff for people. We'll see.
- April 24, 2007
- There was an exciting and fun filled show this Saturday that I barely made it to, featuring our own Sarah Poulette plus Johnny Lemasters and The Boys, who've spent quite a bit of time in my studio recently although they're not signed to the label. They'll be marketing their own CD within the next week or two and I suggest everybody check it out if you can. Sarah was excellent, as was Jeff and his band - they even played Freebird when I requested it. I think that's the first (and probably last) time anybody's ever actually played it for me. In related news, I sold several more of Sarah's CDs, putting the total number that we've sold (or given away) up to 100! Congratulations are in order, and we hope that people continue to check out this wonderful album. If anyone cares, there are still one or two orange copies left, but once those are gone, they're gone for good! Orange CDs can't be beat, so order quick! Thanks to everyone for supporting us both, as Sarah and I appreciate how much everyone seems to love the CD. Thanks!
- April 2, 2007
- In case you didn't catch it, yesterday's update was an April fool's joke. In better (real) news, Sarah Poulette's CD is taking off like a rocket ship, relatively speaking. Plenty of sales, over 50 gone, that's half of the first pressing - I may have to do another if things keep up. Thanks to everybody who's been buying them - I hope you enjoy them - and thanks to those of you who've told your friends. We're happy to have you guys listening to the album, and we want you to know how much we appreciate it. It helps us keep making music, and you know, you come away from it with a cool CD. So, thanks,
- April 1, 2007
- Welcome again, visitors. We have big news. Due to my growing fame as a record mogul and the skyrocketing value of this record label, I'm pleased to announce that I've sold the label to Virgin Records. At Virgin Records, they are truly poised to capitalize on the popularity of our artists and the industrious effort of those who've made this record label work. Click
for more info about the buyout. I feel as though it's a positive move for me, since I get like a billion dollars, and I'm not sure how it will affect everyone else, but that doesn't seem to matter any more, now that I'm rich. I plan on buying several small islands and setting up a big arcade where there are upright beds next to every machine so I don't have to get out of bed to play arcade games. Also intravenous pudding. So thanks to all the support, from you the fans, and the musicians, and so forth, it's been a valuable asset in corporate negotiations. Wealthily yours,
- March 14, 2007
- News news news! This news section is brand new, and I'll be filling it with news, updates, etc. Firstly, the website is finally updated. I sort of neglected it after last summer. I will be doing my best to keep this updated a bit more, so that it'll be more current. So what's the big news? Sarah Poulette's album is out! I'm really excited about this, and hopefully I'm not the only one. It's 13 of Sarah's best songs, and it's really fantastic. And it's available in our new store! Since the last store set up was probably a bit hard to use, I've got a Google-checkout account and a storefront all set up. Thanks to Joey for the storefront design and stuff. Purchases online should be much easeir now, and as always shipping, handling, and any other fees are all included in the cost of each item. And of course, I still accept other forms of payment. Please note that you can buy Sarah's CD now, but I can't send it for a couple days - I'm waiting on some materials. Orders will ship on the official release date (the 20th), if not sooner. See the sales page, and thanks in advance for any purchases you might make. It helps support me and the rest of the musicians down here. Peace,